Friday, December 7, 2007

Light the Christmas Tree

It's finally completed, and it is gorgeous. It only took us a week, but then I just worked on it a little at a time and waited for a time or two that my granddaughter could help. As I went through the boxes of ornaments and other decorations, I decided not to use all of them. Boy, what a relief that gave me. You see, I am a person who feels compelled to keep and use whatever is given to me, even if it does not go with the decor or my tastes. (Like the giver is ever going to come into my home and declare that s/he does not see the gift in use!) And I am one who attaches value and significance to items that belonged to a relative or ones that were made in school by my children. I still have most of them and still display many of them to the chagrin of my kids. But that's my job as mom.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home