Monday, March 26, 2007

Updating Dad

I visited my father in the hospital today. When I arrived he was eating or attempting to eat his lunch. Since he is legally blind, he was having quite a time of it. I offered my help and began feeding him the beef strips. He enjoyed those, but did not want the rice, stir fry veggies, green beans, macaroni and cheese or tossed salad. He asked for chocolate ice cream of which he ate a couple of bites. I could tell that he was feeling better because he was complaining to the nurses one minute and preaching from the Bible the next. Good thing the nurses rotate often or he would have them resigned or baptized. At one point he turned to me and announced that he needed to use the crapper. So I pushed the call button and asked for the bedpan. I don't think any of those young nurses would know what a crapper was. By late afternoon, he was moved out of cardiac critical care and into the neurology unit. New nurses, new converts, new victims. And he will enjoy every minute of it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home