Friday, March 23, 2007

Let's Cut Our Hair

When our girls were little, maybe 2 1/2 and 4, they were at home with dad, under his watchful (LOL) eye while I was working at my mom's. Got a phone call from dad who said I probably ought to come home. Seems the girls decided to cut their own hair. Now I had just paid big bucks for professional haircuts for both of them. Ally, the eldest, treasured her long hair, and had it in braids on that fateful day. She talked Heidi into finding mom's super-sharp sheers, and dared her to cut her own hair. Being 2 1/2, Heidi knew that she probably shouldn't do it. But then older sister went first by cutting her own hair. With it in braids, she could have sheered herself short in no time. BUT, Ally only cut two loose hairs, then handed the scissors over to her sister. By the time dad noticed what they were doing, Heidi had only a small handful of hair on the left back of her head remaining. She had cut it so close on top that it was a miracle that she didn't cut her scalp. Thinking about it right now, Heidi is left handed and at 2 1/2 would have struggled with those heavy sharp sheers. Perhaps Ally assisted her after all. Well, had to take Heidi for her third haircut in one week. A friend of ours started calling her Freddie because she had such a short cut. If I knew how to put in the picture of it, you would love it. Skip forward to the present. When I saw my granddaughter last night, I noticed she was sporting super, super short bangs. (Good thing she looks cute with her hair in pigtails and short bangs.) When I asked how they got so short, her mama, Ally, admitted cutting them once. Then trying again to straighten them out. Then again. Then one last time. I stifled the urge to remind her of the Hair Cut long ago.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home