Sunday, July 23, 2006

Lonesome

As a child growing up on an apple and grain farm, I was required/expected to work in the orchard and the corn and bean fields. I did not mind the work, but I always wanted to be in the company of a family member. I did not like to be alone. The season of our greatest demand of work was in the Fall. And Fall days brought cooler, windy days, many of which I had to work alone. So, to this day, cool, breezy days bring a wave of lonesomeness to me. Yesterday was one of those days. I enjoyed the cooler temperatures, but that feeling of being lost and alone washed over me even though I sat among the company of Christian Campers at the campsite. Those hopeless feelings were so overwhelming and difficult to conquer. Fortunately, by forcing myself to interact with the crowd, walking a bit, and eating, those feelings passed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home