Saturday, July 15, 2006

New Day, New Thoughts

Didn't know if I would sleep last night, but thankfully, I did. I cancelled my trip to Las Vegas so I didn't need to be up early. When I first found out that my son was having surgery, I didn't want to go on the trip. But I couldn't get out of it. When we found out it is cancer of the tongue, I knew I could not go. My dear principal made some phone calls and was able to get the conference pay ($495) canceled. I only owe for the airline ticket and can use it for up to a year. That is a small price to pay to be by my son's side through this serious operation and uncertain future. My son just left to go to the big city. He was wearing his Celebrate Life shirt, the cancer survivor shirt. Guess that speaks volumes for how he is feeling today. He is a survivor! Thank you, Lord, for helping him to have that attitude today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home