Sunday, May 2, 2010

Meeting Our Grandson

We got to see our newest grandson yesterday. He is so small. He is in a special care nursery where he is hooked up to many tubes for monitoring, feeding, oxygen, and antibiotics. To get to hold him, the nurse had to wade through the wires, pick him up, and hand him to me while I was seated. He was very alert, watching my face and listening to my voice. He doesn't like to be touched on his head--he flinched and drew inward. He grabbed on to my thumb with a free hand and held tightly. He didn't notice the tears that trickled down my face. Wonder if he could sense my joy? His parents call him Peanut, but I'm leaning toward Cubby. That name might change as I get to know him more. Thank you, God, for such a sweet blessing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home