Sunday, May 30, 2010

Blowing Bubbles

Okay, sorry I've not posted lately. With this chest infection, finishing school, packing up everything in my room, blah, blah, blah, I've not felt like getting on. During the last week of school, I made home-made bubble solution for the students to use. I gave them new twist ties from trash bags and told them to create their own wand. It was interesting to watch them work. Some were able to whip up a wand with no thought while others were unsure how to begin. When they started with the bubbles it sounded like a group of young children who had never before made bubbles. They screamed with delight and requested others to observe their bubbles. It was their first time to watch the colors change within the bubble until it turned yellow and popped. On the second day, I had made a better batch of solution and allowed them time to experiment. They were much faster in creating their wands. Screams were heard as they were able to create bigger bubbles that lasted longer. One girl was able to make bubbles the size of a beach ball again and again. Two children blew their bubbles at each other a foot apart and created a tunnel. When a third joined, they created a three-way tunnel. When a fourth joined, another tunnel was created. I had never seen this done. Altogether, we blew bubbles for 45 minutes and not one student dropped out of the activity. I'm hopeful that they will share their experiences with others as I have. I can't wait to try it with my granddaughter.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home