Friday, January 30, 2009

More Adventures with Toots

Since my school was cancelled for the second day due to the 12 inches of snow we had received, I kept my granddaughter again overnight and all day. She was up early and began vomiting right after breakfast. Daddy came to bring medicine to see if that would help. She felt better, slept 2 hours and decided she still wanted to go to her favorite restaurant for lunch. I tried to talk her out of it, but was unsuccessful. (You pick your battles with this strong-willed child.) So, we made our way to the Mexican restaurant of her choice. She ordered her favorite, minus the cheese dip. After eating, she turned to me and said, "Mimi, I'm going to throw up!" With those words, she started retching. (I thought one of the gentlemen across the way would let his eyes pop out of his head.) We made it to the restroom where a few more deep retchings occurred. Then she quietly stood one foot from the commode... Okay, I'll stop the blow by blow description, but will close by saying I had to clean the hinge area of the stool thoroughly! By the time mom picked her up to go home, she felt much, much better. In fact, she was bouncing off the walls by bedtime. I'm doing okay, if I don't think about the stool hinges.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home