Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back to Work

I went back to work yesterday after being off for a week. I was excited about going back, but at lunch time was wishing I had more time off. The pain was pretty intense by then. But I made it. My room was a wreck. There were books and papers strewn all over the place. Even though I had been grading their work all along, I had tons of work to bring home. And when I sent home their mid-term grades, many of the students had several missing assignments. Those students that make the honor roll argued long and hard with me about the poor grades, with lots of excuses. Those students who barely pass looked for the missing work. Those students making all Fs didn't care. Unfortunately for those with the Fs, seems their parents don't care that much either.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home