Thursday, September 4, 2008

Good Behavior Equals Treats

I had a good day at school today. I started a reward system for those students who are listening, following directions, books open, and behaving. I am marking positive points. Upon earning 5 points, the student will choose a treat or a coupon for no homework in one assignment. The students were very excited by the system and for the most part, behaved very well. By dismissal time, one girl had earned 4 points. That is remarkable since this girl is one of the problems in the room. She does not listen, is out of her seat, and is never ready with her materials. Today, she was a model student! I know this will probably not last, but I will "milk" it for all it's worth. If all else fails, I have all the chocolate I could eat for months.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home