Friday, January 4, 2008

Siblings

I saw a lot of people at my dad's visitation last night. Their comments were very interesting. On display were over 90 pictures of my dad and family in various places and stages of life. Several people remarked that I hadn't changed in all these years and they could recognize me immediately. One man asked if I were near 40. (I didn't have a quarter to give him.) As I introduced myself to the many parishioners from my brother's church, many of them had no idea that he had another sister. I told several of them that I would be sure to have a talk with that brother of mine. Our other sister, who is a member of my brother's church, told us that many did not know that she was his sister either. I think Sis and I should gang up on him and spill the beans about how he really was while growing up. Maybe that would make a lasting impression. On second thought, no, I will not do that. Being unassociated may turn out to be to my advantage.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home