Saturday, June 23, 2007

I want to go home!

We brought my dad home from the nursing home to his own home this week. We are doing a trial run to see if we will be able to manage his care and keep him happy. We have served him corn on the cob, watermelon, and homemade peanut butter pie for several of his meals. He remarked that he was tasting a piece of heaven right here on earth. It is our plan to be able to care for him at his home for as long as he lives. But when my son-in-law and I were putting him to bed Friday nite, he started in with vomiting. Long story short, we had to take him by ambulance to the local hospital for treatment. He has a bladder infection, received fluids and antibiotics, and spent the night. We now have to decide if we can bring him home again or take him back to the nursing home. I feel badly that this happened, but the hospital staff said it was not our fault. Whew! I would not want to be negligent in his care. I think he will regress and go into depression if we have to put him back in the nursing home. Just don't think I can take that responsibility. Decisions! They are always easier to make in hindsight.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home