Friday, May 4, 2007

Recycle Me

I always teach a unit on recycling in my fourth grade class. A part of that unit is an assignment to make something from trash that is useful such as a bird feeder, pencil holder, birdhouse, game, lamp, etc. My class usually comes up with some wonderful, inventive ideas, but his year Mrs. G's class topped them all. The all-time favorite was a boom box. One of her boys, with help from his step-dad, used an old hard plastic tool box, radio, dials, and speaker from a trashed Mustang, and battery to create a boom box. It would put you in mind of the original larger-than-life boom boxes (which the current generation of elementary students would not have seen). There could be a market for it, again. Then the thought occurred to me that the ultimate recycling project would be to donate organs. I am listed as an organ donor because after I die, I won't have need of any organ. Hope you recycle your body as well.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home