Saturday, July 8, 2006

Did You Find Everything You Were Looking For?

Every weekend I do the grocery shopping for my dad. My sister-in-law, who cooks for him during the week, calls and leaves a grocery list on my answering machine. The list is quite eclectic, but tends to run in cycles and repeat weekly. When he first wanted yellow tomatoes, I had to go to four stores before I finally found them. Then the next week, they were no where to be found. For the past month he has ordered fresh peaches and coconut creme pie. Now what are the chances that I will find both of those in the same store? Not good. I dread going shopping simply because I don't like to go from store to store. Well, today I put off going till after lunch. Thought I would be smart and only go to one store. And I had planned on buying a few things for us at that same store. But it wasn't to be. I could not find a pecan pie for him at the first store. Now mind you they had apple, peach, cherry, raspberry, strawberry, key lime, and crusts, but NO pecan. Rats! I knew it was too good to be true that I could visit just one store. I went to the second store and was able to complete his list. And was able to buy several things for us on sale. Guess it was okay after all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home