Wednesday, July 28, 2010

We Have Homework!

It's time to get serious. I mean, I brought home all this work to do over the summer for school, and all I have done is move the stuff around. After all, my dining room table is loaded down and is surrounded by boxes of important stuff. Today is the day. The other fourth grade teacher, Becky, and I are going to get busy with the math standards. Yes, we are going to do school work during our summer off. Yes, we are going to be productive starting today, this morning, this summer. Does it sound like I am trying to convince myself to get started, to actually work? If I hadn't already invited Becky over to work, I would not do anything on it today. Thanks, Becky, for making me be productive even though I could scream and don't want to do anything. But then I need to remember how blessed we are in the states. It could be like the schools in Honduras. They are thankful also.
If I taught there, I wouldn't have to worry about academic standards or current math books or computer programs. I would only worry about traveling an hour and a half up the mountain on boulders and washouts for the road, teach 50 students in the morning and another 50 in the afternoon. Then travel back down the mountain.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home