Monday, August 31, 2009

Sweet Music

On the drive to church yesterday, Toots was "reading" from her Bible. Since she loves to sing, she sang what she read. Here is how it goes: Oh, Jesus, My Father, please don't die again. Oh, Jesus, My Father, can you come back again? Pretty impressive for a child not yet 5 years old. We've been through the discussion that Jesus is not our Father, but she retorts sternly with, "Mimi, God and Jesus are the same!" Okay, no argument. On the way home from church she wanted me to read while I drove. (Usually she is bossing me to keep both hands on the wheel.) So at a red traffic light I looked up John 3:16 and passed it back. As I quoted it, she proclaimed that she KNEW that verse from VBS. And yes, she did have it in June. I think this child is ready for Bible Bowl!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home