Saturday, October 13, 2007

One of Those Frustrating Days

Yesterday was one of those frustrating days, one where it is hard to keep from exploding and lashing out at someone. No, I was not at school. We had early dismissal because I had camped out at school the whole evening before to meet with the parents. The frustration came with taking my father to see a neurologist, the one who had drilled 4 holes in his head in March, in the Big City, far, far, away. Now, taking dad somewhere is a major production. It took the nurse's aid and my sister-in-law to shower and dress him. Then, it took two of us to transfer him to his scooter, then to the van. So, after driving at least 1 1/2 hours, we are nearing our destination. My sis had already called to receive more clear directions. Didn't get those. So I took a turn. Lady on the phone said I could let him out at the circle drive, go in and ask for further directions at the information desk. I let dad and sis out and then parked in garage #2 as directed. Only then did I see that the professional building that we wanted was ADJACENT to the hospital, and IT also had a CIRCLE drive. GRRRRR. Well, after parking, finding my family at the hospital where I had dropped them off at the CIRCLE drive, we walked to the professional building by means of a long hallway. Arriving at the designated office, we sign in, surrender insurance cards, and begin filling out the book of forms. Only then did someone from their office come out to us to say that the nurse-practitioner was in the ER trauma room and we would have to wait at least 4 hours. The lady also said to just leave the CD of his last brain scan and that should be enough. That's what we wanted to do in the first place. GGRRRRR! My sister was very patient and understanding while I bit my tongue. We left.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home